I am a licensed psychiatrist with a particular interest in psychoanalytic psychotherapy. I completed a psychiatric residency program at the University of Washington with an area of distinction in psychotherapy and am completing postgraduate training in psychoanalysis. My training provides me with a firm foundation in psychiatric diagnosis, medication-management, and psychotherapy.
The minds and characters of people are infinitely varied and complex. This creates subtle but vital differences in the way that any two people manifest problematic thoughts, emotions, or behaviors. Consequently, I believe that effective treatment requires a genuine understanding and appreciation of the person seeking assistance, not just awareness of the symptoms for which he or she seeks help.
Psychotherapy aims to deepen an individual's self-awareness. Greater insight can decrease painful symptoms, resolve problematic patterns of behavior, and cultivate meaning in life.
My training as a psychiatrist, psychotherapist, and psychoanalyst allows me to integrate the biologic, psychologic, and relational aspects of your mental health, increasing the likelihood of meeting your treatment goals.
- Washington State Physician License
- University of Washington School of Medicine, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- University of Washington, Psychiatry Residency (Chief Resident and Area of Distinction in Psychotherapy)
- Seattle Psychoanalytic Society & Institute, Clinical Associate
- University of Southern California School of Medicine, MD
- Whitman College, BA Philosophy (Cum Laude)